Alpha Rho Lambda was established to develop a unique bond of sisterhood among its members, make significant contributions to our communities, and achieve personal growth through leadership and academic excellence. The chapters create a sense of family for our members while they are away from home, and provide the support they need to achieve academic and personal success. The support Hermanas receive from the sorority transcends the college experience and lasts a lifetime.
The Membership Intake Process lays the foundation which enables our organization to grow and thrive. The process is a structured program whose objectives are to:
- develop bonds of sisterhood between chapter members, alumnae, and interested women
- learn the history of the organization
- support academic achievement
- execute cultural and community service projects
- encourage self-reflection and the development of leadership skills
In order to Found a Chapter, an interest group must submit a formal statement petitioning the Board of Directors for chapter status. The statement must:
- Provide reasons why a new chapter is needed and desirable on your campus(es).
- Include the contact and biographical information of all interested women, including:
- Name, phone number and e-mail address
- School and home address
- Expected year of completion, major, and cumulative grade point average
- A list of extracurricular activities, including offices held
- Include a tentative calendar of events (i.e. social and community service) interested women will coordinate in order to interact with existing members, alumnae, and other interested women on their campus.
A copy of policies and regulations governing student organizations on each included campus must be attached to the above statement.
The Board of Directors will review petitions and make a decision on a case by case basis. Upon successful completion of the Membership Intake Process, the Board of Directors will grant active chapter status, with all rights and responsibilities thereof.
For more information or if you are interested in starting a chapter at your school, please contact us at email@example.com.